Whether you are newly divorced or waiting patiently for your divorce to be finalized and are looking for ways to prepare yourself for the dating world once it is, then perhaps these tips might be beneficial to you.
Going through a divorce is difficult for most people, yet the recovery phase after it is finalized can also be hard for some as well. Many are often concerned with things like how they are going to manage on one income and what it will be like to step back into the dating world. While it can take some time to adjust to your new lifestyle, one relationship expert has a few tips to share with you regarding dating after divorce which can be applied if you are ready to test the waters or if this is a concern of yours as you are currently going through the dating process.
According to Jackie Pilossoph, who recently appeared on the Megyn Kelly TODAY show to share her tips as well, there are a number of ways you can prepare for dating after divorce [Source: Today.com]. Some of these include:
- Be ready with some questions on your first date. Pilossoph says that your date is similar to an interview and it can be used to decipher whether the person you are meeting is, in fact, a good match for you. You also want to have some questions lined up to ask so that you don’t get nervous and begin rambling on about yourself as it won’t give your date the opportunity to share information about themselves.
- Avoid putting too much attention on your divorce and your ex. Pilossoph says that your date “doesn’t want to hear about how your ex is a jerk or isn’t adhering to the terms of your divorce agreement.” That is something you will want to discuss with Hollywood, FL divorce attorney Jodie Bassichis. Instead, if your divorce happens to spring up in the middle of your conversation, “try to refrain from using these words: depressed heartbroken, devastated, bitter, or deadbeat.”
- Keep these two questions in mind. If you find yourself spending more time with one individual, there are two key questions Pilossoph suggests you ask yourself. These include:
- “Does he bring out the best in me?”
- “Do I like myself around him?”
The answers to these questions may help determine “if he/she is a good fit for you.”
- Laugh about bad dates. Not all dates are going to run as smoothly as you like but rather than let a bad date get you down, Pilossoph says you should “try to find something good that came out of it.”
- Avoid having more too many drinks. If you are going out for drinks, be sure you don’t go beyond your limit as you risk saying or doing things you wouldn’t normally do or say.
The thought of getting back into the dating world is scary for many men and women who are in the process of finalizing their divorce so take it so slow and consider these tips and others when the times comes where you are ready to start dating again. Now, one thing you will want to keep in mind is that it is always best to avoid dating before your divorce is finalized. Dating while you are still married can affect the outcome of your divorce and you wouldn’t want to jeopardize your chances of obtaining custody or alimony just because you rushed into it.
Therefore, if you feel you are ready to move on and would like to speed things up with your divorce, be sure you contact a Hollywood, FL divorce lawyer who can help you with this. Jodie Bassichis is one of the best divorce lawyers in the south Florida area and can help you settle any disputes that may have arisen to help get your divorce finalized faster.
To speak with Jodie Bassichis about how she may be able to help you with your divorce, visit or call The Law Offices of Jodie Bassichis, P.A. at:
Jodie Bassichis, PA
4700 Sheridan Street, Suite J
Hollywood, Florida 33021