Federal and state courts are reviewing the Texas ban on gay marriages. There are currently two different cases being reviewed by the courts. In both cases, same sex married couples wanted a divorce, but the lower courts said that they could not process the divorce as the state banned same sex marriages. However, a San Antonio federal judge has ruled that the ban is unconstitutional.

This federal judge is obviously someone who does not care about morality or decency in human life. How can a same sex couple raise a child properly? It is actually quite impossible according to many. Now these bizarre relationships are messing up the court system.

A Mockery of Marriage

In the latest same sex divorce case to be filed in Bexar, the two women have a child as well. Allison Leona Flood Lesh and Kristi Lyn Lesh want a divorce. Flood wants to share custody of the child. However, Lesh maintains that Flood is neither the adoptive nor the biological parent of the child.

Complexity Transitions into Goofiness

If you are in a same sex marriage and want a divorce, you need to consult with a divorce lawyer about your legal rights. This is because many states do not recognize same sex marriages and therefore cannot grant a divorce to same sex couples. Another issue to consider is the custody of children. If the same sex couple have a child, child custody rulings can be complex because often only one of the people concerned is a biological parent.

The Child is the Victim

This makes it more difficult for courts that are willing to grant a divorce in same sex marriages to decide on child custody. However, a competent divorce lawyer will try and prove that it is in the best interests of the child to continue to have a relationship with you. This will influence the judge when deciding on child custody and child support, as courts normally take the best interests of the child into consideration when deciding on these issues.

Whether you are in a same sex marriage or not, if you have children and want a divorce, you need to consult with a divorce lawyer such as Elliot Green Esq. who can explain your rights over the children.