Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon finalized their divorce two years after filing their initial petition.

Los Angeles, CA- Singer Mariah Carey and her estranged husband, comedian Nick Cannon, are finally divorced. People reports that the couple finalized their divorce this week after Carey allegedly begged Canon him to sign so she could marry her fiancé.

Although the Cannon and Carey filed for divorce in late 2014, they had made it official even though they had moved on to other relationships. The couple decided they would co-parent their twins, so there was no pressure to finalize their divorce until recently.

The New York Post’s Page Six reports that Carey begged Cannon to sign the divorce documents because she was eager to marry her current beau, Australian billionaire James Packer.

One source told the Daily Mail UK that their divorce dragged on because their divorce lawyers could not agree on terms. Luckily Carey convinced Cannon to accept the conditions of their settlement, and the couple was granted a divorce on November 2nd.

Sometimes a divorce drags on because a couple cannot negotiate with another come up with an agreeable settlement. But some divorces go on because one spouse refuses to sign divorce documents or cannot be located. Carey didn’t have to worry about this process, but some couples do, and they need to know what to they can do to get their divorce.

You may be able to get an uncontested divorce or a default judgment if your spouse isn’t responding to your divorce petition.

In Los Angeles, you can ask for a default judgment or uncontested divorce if your spouse doesn’t want to grant you one or won’t sign the papers. You can also ask for a default judgment if you cannot locate your estranged spouse.

After you file your divorce papers, your estranged spouse has a few weeks to respond. If they don’t respond in that time, you can ask a judge to issue a default judgment and set up a court date. When you go to court, you can ask a judge to settle issues such as child custody and asset division for you if your former spouse doesn’t show.

Your divorce can proceed uncontested if your spouse fails to show and the decision to approve yours is in the hands of a judge. When you are seeking an uncontested divorce and you cannot locate your ex. You need to show that you made an effort to find them and serve the divorce papers. If you are seeking child custody or want to keep possession of the marital home, you need to provide extensive financial documentation to the court.

Life is complicated, so divorce is complicated. USAttorneys recommends you speak with a divorce lawyer near you in Los Angeles to learn what your divorce is going to entail. They will help you overcome any hurdle you encounter and inform you of what steps you need to take. Our devoted legal team will do what they can to make your divorce go smoothly. Call and set up a consultation with a lawyer today.

Consult with a divorce lawyer in California to discuss how you can get a divorce when your spouse ignores your petition or cannot be located.