Divorces seem to be at an all-time high. Celebrities, athletes, and the average person seem to be going through a divorce far more often than years ago. Why? What has caused relationships to suffer? Divorce attorneys in Minneapolis, MN can probably provide some input on this as they handle divorce cases on a daily basis.Divorces are known to occur far more frequently in those who marry young and even those who wed in their late 30’s.
With divorce rates as high as they are now, maybe it would be good time to review some facts every couple should know before taking that leap and tying the knot. According to Business Insider, there are 10 things to consider and some are provided below.
Useful Facts Every Couple Should Know
- Couples who get married in their late 20’s are less likely to divorce. As much as we would like to see high school sweethearts stay together forever, research has proven that those who marry younger are more at risk of divorcing later on in their life.
- March and August have higher divorce rates. Why? “The researchers say its meaningful that March and August follow holiday or vacation periods.” This means that the time before these months are when people are more relaxed or on vacation, so they tend to be more willing to work things out only to find their problems still exist.
- Husbands that aren’t working fulltime are more likely to divorce. Because men are viewed as the “breadwinner stereotype,” when the female is working more than the male, there is a higher chance that this division of labor will spark a divorce.
- The closer you are in age with your partner, the less likely you will get divorced. Don’t forget that those who marry younger in life still are at risk of filing for divorce later on in their relationship.
- Like a lavish wedding? Well, research says “lavish weddings may predict less successful marriages.”
- Divorce may not negatively impact kids. Although children will have to adjust to living in two separate homes, if the relationship is toxic, your children may be better off and happier living with divorced parents as opposed to those who argue and bicker all the time.
What If I’m Already Going Through a Divorce?
Although these facts are solely for those have not committed to a marriage, if you are going through a divorce now or wish to file for separation from your partner, we got you covered. USAttorneys.com works with skilled and reputable Minneapolis, MN divorce lawyers who will gladly help you each and every step of the way.
Many divorces often arise in the blink of an eye and sometimes we aren’t ready for them. There is a significant amount of paperwork that goes into the process, not to mention the emotional distress you experience. Divorces aren’t easy but with the help of a lawyer who specializes in these matters, you should be well on your way to getting yours finalized and out of the way.